Main Article Content
The increase in NOx levels produced by CNG-fueled engines occurs when the fuel switches from gasoline to gas fuel (CNG). The author changed the otto 4 stroke gasoline engine, into a CNG-fueled motorbike and provided additional cooling in the form of a burst of air to the cylinder block. Changes in engine block temperature are detected using a temperature sensor placed on the engine oil. Bursts of air cooling result in temperature changes in engine oil. Changes in engine oil temperature are accompanied by changes in the resulting NOx emissions. This study shows that with a decrease in engine oil temperature in the combustion engine, NOx emission levels also decrease. From the research results it can be ignored that by providing additional air bursts will be able to reduce NOx emissions by up to 18%
2) M.I. Jahirul, H.H. Masjuki, R. Saidur, M.A. Kalam, M.H. Jayed, M.A. Wazed, . 2010. Comparative engine performance and emission analysis of CNG and gasoline in a retrofitted car engine, Appl. Therm. Eng. 30 (14) 2219-2226.
3) D. Mehrnoosh, H.A. Asghar, M.A. Asghar, 2012. Thermodynamic model for prediction of performance and emission characteristics of SI engine fuelled by gasoline and natural gas with experimental verification, J. Mech. Sci. Technol. 26 (7) 2213-2225.
4) M.U. Aslam, H.H. Masjuki, M.A. Kalam, H. Abdesselam, T.M.I. Mahlia, M.A. Amalina, An 2006. experimental investigation of CNG as an alternative fuel for a retrofitted gasoline vehicle, Fuel 85 (5) 717-724.
5) M.A. Kalam, H.H. Masjuki, 2011. An experimental investigation of high performance natural gas engine with direct injection, Energy 36 (5) 3563-3571.
6) Asri Indrawati1,*, Dyah Aries Tanti, Tuti Budiwati, dan Sumaryati . 2019.Perhitungan konsentrasi nitrogen oksida (no, nox) ambien dengan menggunakan konsentrasi no2 dan o3 dari passive sampler (studi kasus: cipedes, bandung)(calculation of ambient nitrogen oxides (no, nox) concentrations using no2 and o3 concentrations from passive sampler (case study:cipedes,bandung).10.30536/j.jsd.2019.v16.a3005
7) S.H. Pourhoseini. 2020. Enhancement of radiation characteristics and reduction of NOx emission in natural gas flame through silver-water nanofluid injection, Energy 116900
8) Vipin Dhyani, K.A. Subramanian. 2019. Control of backfire and NOx emission reduction in a hydrogen fueled multi-cylinder spark ignition engine using cooled EGR and water injection strategies. International journal of hydrogen energy 4 4 6287-6298